July 26, 2012

A Quickie



One of my girlfriends and I were having a conversation via Heytell today. (If you don’t have Heytell you should totally get it! It makes your cellphone into a walkie talkie!)  The conversation pertained to an art gallery opening that we are going to this weekend (because I am all fucking cultured and shit).  And the conversation went like this:

Me:  Is there a cover charge?   (Because while I believe in supporting the arts, I need to make sure I have drinking money.)
Her: Nope! And they will have food and wine!

Me:  My favorite! I LOVE food and wine!
Her: Ohhh  and there will be hot chicks too.  Maybe we can find [our guy friend] a girlfriend!

Me: Oh my God, that would be awesome!  What about guys? Will there be guys there?  (Because while I want my friends to be happy, let’s talk about what’s important here: ME)

Her:  There should definitely be guys there.  Maybe you could fulfill your Cougar dream.

Me:  Funny you should mention that!  I looked up a Cougar website the other day just to see if there were any and there were. But, they seemed to be more like gigolo type of things.
Her: OH MY GOD!! PLEASE sign up for the Cougar dating website, if only for your blog! I mean, take one for the team, Gina!  Do it for your art!

Me: I will take MORE than ONE for the team, girlfriend! MORE. THAN. ONE.

Her:  Whore.

Me: Yes and a very happy one at that…..Hey, don’t judge me. You read Perez Hilton and I fuck.  It’s a choice.
Her:  Hahahaha! You need a T-shirt that says that!!

Me: I'm not sure I could get away with that.




3 comments:

  1. So much for your culture and shit! But I wouldn't expect anything less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But did you find a woman for your friend? Did you find a guy? Did you find wine and cheese? Inquiring minds want details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is that I did find wine and cheese. The bad news is that wine + Gina + expensive art do not necessarily go together. I bought a print (starring a good friend of mine) and made her promise never to take me to anything like that again. Apparently I think I am made of money- or at least I do when I am drinking. (I blame my father, Bob "Drinks for everyone!" D.) No girl for my friend. There was a guy there that was very tattoed that I thought about swinging on a vine with for a second but then my ADD kicked in, I saw a pretty picture and I forgot. Expensive lesson learned.

      Delete